Fluff and Stuff

Dissertating is now a verb...watch as I perform!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Margaret Cho is my Homegirl!



Tonight, the Pride Student Union at University of Florida brought the indomitable Margaret Cho to Gainesville! And not only that, but her performance was free and open to the public!

It was fantastic to see her perform live again. She has a great state presence. The first time I saw her was in 2001 when she was debuting her Notorious C.H.O. tour at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.

Still wonderfully political and queer, Margaret Cho makes me laugh and gives me hope in these dark days of right-wing conservatism. Although she re-used a fair amount of material from her last tour it was evident that she's working on new stuff that's got me psyched up for her next stand-up tour.

I also recommend checking out her fantastic blog because she is an excellent and articulate writer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home