Fluff and Stuff

Dissertating is now a verb...watch as I perform!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Triumphant Return of Sparks!

I woke up feeling much better this morning, although still a bit weak. Not eating for a day doesn't agree with me. But I did manage to stay pretty well hydrated and so far the stomach seems to be holding it's own today. I do admit that the day of torturous vomiting took a lot out of me energy wise. But sustenance today seems to have given me a bit of energy to pursue packing at last. (La, la, la, la! Going to see Ming! Yay!)

I also picked up my rental car--I have to drive to Jacksonville airport ass early tomorrow morning to catch my flight. It's really ridiculous, but Gainesville doesn't have a regular shuttle service to the airport. Talk about annoying! Fortunately I get a discounted rate for the rental car since I'm an employee of the state of Florida.

So, I've been going through my guide book to New York marking down places I want to visit/check out. A definite priority is Toys in Babeland. I've been a loyal customer of theirs for several years now and they take care of all my electronic self-pleasuring needs, so I feel it incumbent upon me to go visit their main store and gush about how much they rock. And maybe pick up a toy or two....

Next on the list are the many fun and unique bookstores that sound appealing to me. I never go on a trip without coming back with an armful of new books. What can I say, once an English nerd, always an English nerd.

My shopping fantasy while in New York revolves around bling (of course). Not the real stuff mind you, but something shiny and fantastic. I'm envisioning a pair of super cool sneakers with swarovski crystals on them...I shall be on the hunt for these elusive fantasy shoes. But if that doesn't pan out maybe a sparkly new pair of sunglasses or a funky new purse could assuage my need for the shiny.

I shall return with tales and hopefully pics of NYC to share with one and all!

2 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger mc said...

Hey there!
Good to here that you are feeling better. My friends are all similar in that they all want to go to the Babeland while they are in town! There are actually two branches in NY--one in SoHo and one on the Lower East Side. Maybe we can visit both or we could chose one depending on our mood at the time... glitzy rich-bitch or slumming hipster.
As for bookstores...let me know what you've found... I have a personal favourite-- the St. Mark's Bookstore.
This is exciting, I can't wait! See you tomorrow!

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there blog owner! I am searching blogs to find information and sources to help with my website:http://all4yournet.com/hearthealthyoga/ My site is fairly new about 8 months old and have a google pr of 3 and get about 50 people a day to visit. My site has looking for bikram yoga in arburn new york and is all affiliate merchandise.
I have been in MLM companys for the past 8 years offline mainly and have never made a dime. This is a new frontier for my wife and I and don't have very much experience but a friend suggested searching blogs to get ideas about how people sale and also what kind of information they offer their customers and clients. We are begining to make some good money selling looking for bikram yoga in arburn new york related articles but I also want to offer my customers some quality information to go along with good deals. If you make it to my site and can offer some constructive critisizm I will take it into consideration or if you have some ideas it will be greatly appreciated. Remember we are on a budget and we do all the work ourselves. We have alot to offer in this general area looking for bikram yoga in arburn new york and building. Thank you for your time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home