Fluff and Stuff

Dissertating is now a verb...watch as I perform!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Movie Madness

I've come to the conclusion that I'm a total DVD ho. I can't stop buying. My collection is fairly extensive already and I just keep adding to it. Today was a particularly fruitful shopping expedition all in the name of movies I knew I had to have. First up, was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. That's right folks, the new HP is out! I scampered over to Best Buy pronto and nabbed that sucker (and being the lame-ass nerd that I am, I even bought the more expensive double disc version with all the extra features). Is it wrong that I find Dan Radcliffe hot? I mean, he's legal in Britain right?

In keeping with my Jake Gyllenhaal addiction, I also felt the need to buy Jarhead. Lots of naked dudes and plenty of homoeroticism. Boo-rah!

I then gave into my inner comic book nerd and finally bought Hellboy, which has been out for a while. I'm not quite sure why I enjoyed this movie so much. I have several of Mike Mignola's graphic novels and I like them but I'm not an obsessive Hellboy fan. In all honesty, I think my affection for the film is totally due to Ron Perlman kicking ass as Hellboy. He was the perfect choice for the role and he gives me the warm fuzzies for some odd reason. Plus, he and Selma Blair have good chemistry and I like the little romance between them. Yeah, yeah....I know. But hey, I'm allowed my occassional cheesy moment.

I think the sadder part of this whole tale is the fact that I watched all three of them in succession of one another while grading student papers....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home