Fluff and Stuff

Dissertating is now a verb...watch as I perform!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I'm going to New York!

The weirdest thing happened today. I got on my computer and suddenly saw a long lost friend pop up on my AIM list. Well we immediately started chatting and catching up. She's an old friend from undergrad who's currently working on her Ph.D. in New York. Anyway, Ming and I had the best talk and lamented not seeing each other in years and sort of losing communication somewhere along the way (she cloistered in her lab, me cloistered in my apartment writing my dissertation). So, on a whim, I started looking onling for tix during my Spring Break coming up in March. Well I immediately found some great deals totally in my price range. I talked with Ming and she instantly told me I must come and stay with her. Yay! No hotel to worry about. Then she totally sucked me in when she told me she could get me tix to see the Silver Jews on March 17th! So now I'm going to NYC for Spring Break and we're planning to go see shows, museums, and celebrate St. Patrick's day in the Irish pubs! I'm going to have to set aside some money for this trip, but without accomodation to worry about I should be able to swing it without going into any debt. And I'm super thrilled because I haven't seen Ming in years. But it's pretty clear we still love the same kinds of music and are interested in seeing the same art exhibits. Talk about a great way to start the day!

1 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger sparklygrl said...

Monkey, I would never forgot you. I'm making it out to LA this summer come hell or high water, so save your vacation days or prepare to fake some illness while we have fun (and I go trolling about looking for Jake Gyllenhaal).

And dude, I will SOOO be at the wedding. I wouldn't miss it for anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home