Fluff and Stuff

Dissertating is now a verb...watch as I perform!

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Holiday Swag!!!

Yesterday a glorious package arrived in the mail from my good friend Charlie who lives in LA. We've been pals since high school. We're sort of entertainment geeks together. I introduced him to good music, he showed me the nerdy fun of great comics and cheesy martial arts movies. You know how it goes. So anyway, a while back I'd emailed him imploring him to hunt down some obscure albums I could not get in my hillbilly neck o' the woods. I of course told him I'd pay him for these CDs. But then, lo and behold, he sends me a huge honkin' box of swag for X-Mas! Not only did he find ALL the CDs I was looking for, but he also made me a mixed CD of new shit and one of Radiohead B-sides. And that's not all! He bought me: the complete Firefly DVD collection, the Serenity DVD, 3 sumurai movies, the best of Mystery Science Theater 3000, and a Radiohead DVD of live performances. Talk about awesome! Now I really need to fly out to LA this summer to visit him and Monkey.

So right now I'm enjoying my new CDs and plan to post a review of stuff sometime in the near future. I'll probably update my music playlist as well.

I'm making progress on novel #2 (100 pages!) and will update on that soon as well. I'm excited because I've almost made it to the point in the novel where a really cool action sequence is set to occur. I'd envisioned this early on when I was still writing the first one, so I'm itching to get into it some time tomorrow.

On yet another happy note, I finally managed to get my digital camera working. Yay! Now I'm set to chronicle my New Year's inebriation. I think Violet and I are going to a party and then out dancing! I'm a little bummed that my new black lace duster jacket won't get here until after the New Year. I've been pining after it for the last few months, but could not rationalize spending $75 for what amounts to a skimpy amount of black lace material that's all for show and not practicality. But then after X-mas the store was having a clearance sale online and it was down to $36!!! So I nabbed that puppy straight away (along with a lovely satin pink top!). I was hoping to wear them for New Year's but there was some problem with UPS and now the package isn't scheduled to arrive until Jan. 4th. Now I have to come up with an alternate outfit....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home